This role is part time (21 hours per week) based in Belfast and would suit an enthusiastic, organised person who has a passion for working with young people and for the local music industry in Northern Ireland.
This role is part-time, based in the Oh Yeah Music Centre in Belfast. The successful applicant will be involved in the design, delivery and promotion of all youth focused and family friendly initiatives within the Oh Yeah Music Centre. They will provide support to Youth Engagement Manager and to other core staff members on various tasks and projects.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Support the Youth Engagement Manager in the delivery of all youth projects in the Oh Yeah Centre.
- Increase Oh Yeah’s engagement with young people both as course participants and as audience members.
- Assist in the design and delivery of a suite of informal music qualifications in conjunction with the Open College Network’s framework.
- Develop and grow the family friendly activities of the Oh Yeah Music Centre.
- Assist in the development of resources for the informal education of young people.
- Develop relationships with other youth providers and schools for the purpose of recruitment and programme delivery.
- Other duties as identified by the Youth Engagement Manager, CEO and board of Oh Yeah.
- Ability to provide proof of experience of working with young people in an informal setting, either paid or voluntary.
- Ability to demonstrate administration experience and experience in use of various IT packages.
- Have an interest in live and local music and in the wider music and events industry.
- Have an understanding of data collection and demonstrate knowledge of how to demonstrate impact.
- Experience of the design and delivery of Open College Network qualifications.
- Experience of fundraising in a community context.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of budgets and funding applications.
- May be required to travel throughout Northern Ireland in order to attend meetings or events.
- May be required outside Northern Ireland to attend training or conferences.
- Will be occasionally required to work outside usual working hours for which time off in lieu will be given.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post documents to:
Oh Yeah Music Centre
15-21 Gordon Street
All documents to reach us by Friday 15th February at 4pm.