Oh Yeah is launching a call for expressions of interest for flexible freelance mentors for an exciting new youth outreach project called More Volume.
Term of contract: Short term, freelance, flexible – some programmes will be delivered one session per week over 12 weeks and others will be delivered over shorter periods of time with longer sessions. The model may be changed to fit the needs of the group.
We do this with hands on practical work that includes a team of up to 12 young people working together to plan and promote a live event in conjunction with a local festival in their area.
We are looking for someone with music and events industry knowledge and experience, to mentor the group in the planning and promotion of these events.
Reporting to the Youth Engagement Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
• Mentoring and facilitation at weekly meetings with the group.
• Gig planning and preparation.
• Facilitating group discussion.
• Ensuring group meet deadlines.
• Organising workshops for the group in topics relating to the completion of the project.
• Experience organising and running live music events.
• Experience working with young people (either youth/community work, facilitation, project delivery, tuition, volunteering)
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritise.
• Good knowledge of local music community.
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
• Knowledge/experience in youth and child protection policies and legislation.
• Experience in delivering accredited programmes (desirable).
3 hours per week (flexible scheduling to fit needs of the group)
1.5 hours to meet with group
1.5 hours for prep or other admin.
Plus attendance, facilitation, mentoring as required at live event.
This is a paid role with a set fee per programme, plus travel costs.
Please send an expression of interest explaining how you are qualified to mentor More Volume groups in no more than 500 words, plus CV to email@example.com.
If suitable for the role, we will add your name to a pool of mentors for this project.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.